Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I am just investigating replacement of the fuel sensor 2006

Customer Question

Hi, I am just investigating replacement of the fuel sensor for my 2006 murano; want to get an idea whether I can do this myself.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

How handy are you? Also I can tell you this, to remove the cover for the fuel sender requires a special tool, so it may not be something you can do.

let me know..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If a special tool is required i would consider buying it if it is not horribly expensive. I am quite handy in repairing things generally. Are there difficult aspects of the sensor replacement?
George
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

I don't know where you could get the tool. Some guys use channel locks and a hammer and screw driver. The cap that goes on to the top of the sender is send to the dealers.

As for the replacement of Sensor, I believe that comes as a whole assembly. You also want to replace the O-ring.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you saying that the cap has to be repaired or replaced before it can be put back on? the assembly needs to run from the gas tank to the front of the vehicle. Does it run under the carpet in the floor? can the carpet be pulled up easily or does the connecting cable run elsewhere?George
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

There is a lock cap that holds the fuel pump down. That is what the special tool does. It helps remove that cap so the fuel pump can be replaced.

The fuel lines don't go through the inside of the vehicle. the go under the vehicle.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!