Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I was getting a check engine light 2001 nissan xterra it was

Customer Question

I was getting a check engine light for my 2001 nissan xterra it was P1441 that was Vapor Canister Vent Solenoid i purchased a new one at the nissan and the check engine light went away but it came back and its giving me the same P1441 again what should i do.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** code means there is a small leak in the evap system which could be a number of things. The most common things are leaking vent solenoid, fuel cap, or filler neck. At this point I'd recommend replacing fuel cap, if that doesn't help your next best option is to pay a shop for a smoke test to find leak. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.