Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I am working on a 2006 nissan pathfinder SE and the climate

Customer Question

hello, i am working on a 2006 nissan pathfinder SE and the climate control is having a problem. it will engage the air on fan speed 1. fan speed doesn't work at all and 3 and 4 will blow but the air conditioner doesn't come on. we've replaced the dashboard control panel once in this vehicle
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

This is a faulty fan control amp, also know as the VBC or resistor.

What happens here is when it fails on speed 1 the a/c signal stick kicks on the compressor, but since the compressor signal feeds through speed one when it fails there it causes you to lose the signal at all higher speeds. So the fan will come on, but the compressor is no longer engaged.

I probably see this same scenario about once a month in the summer.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

What happens next:
Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.
My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.
Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.