Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

I have a 2010 Nissan Altima and it's acting up. While

Customer Question

Hi! I have a 2010 Nissan Altima and it's acting up. While driving it slows itself down from 80 mph to 40 mph on its own and changing it to manual it won't shift. Could you tell me what the problem could be?
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's when I'm going up hill it slows down on its own.
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

hi you most likely have a problem with the trans overheating causing the fail safe mode to kick in to fix this you will need to install a external trans cooler kit this is the part number you need 21606zx59a if you have any more questions please ask , if not please rate the service before you go thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! Do u know I could get that installed and not costing me an arm and a leg. Haha.
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

you have to remove the bumper to install it the kit cost about $550

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nissan just quoted us at $240
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

it may be cheaper where you live as long as it is the correct part number it do not matter do you have any more questions

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

hi i really need you to come back and rate the service as this is the only way for me to get pay for helping thanks.

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

hi i see you did not leave a rating for me , i need you to come back and rate as this is the only way for me to get pay thanks.

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

i did answer your questions and i would like to get pay but if you do not rate i do not get pay so PLEASE come back and rate thanks.