Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Nissan rogue my condensor fans 't come on. The ac10a fuse is

Customer Question

Nissan rogue my condensor fans don't come on. The ac10a fuse is ok, I switched the relay, andhad contenuity on the 40a breaker. I've changed the compressor, condensor/dryer, expansion valve , added ester oil, put a vaccum over night and put two cans of synthetic freon. The compressor almos t immediately locked. I may have messed up the new compressor. I think this fan problem caused all the problem.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Ester oil is for the engine, not the AC system. This maybe easier to help you with if we spoke. Is that something you would be interested in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well ok but it says on the container for r12 and r134 and I call ed the peole I bought the freon form they said the two were compatable.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

How many ounces or lbs of freon did you add to the system. Why did you replace so much ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The compressor came with 10oz which was for rear air it said to drain the oil out the old one and drain the new one replace the amount theold one had then add 2oz for condensor/dryer and 1 for loss alltogether I put 4 1/2oz back.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

I am getting confused. The Rouge for 2009 doesn't come with rear air. Where did you get these parts? and why did you replace so much?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh you said freon ok, the manuel said it held 21-24oz so I changed everything except the evaporator. I put 12oz then the low side was still below 30 so when I added more the compressor seized.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The compressor was for a rogue but would fit others and like I said I drained the oil from old and new replaced only what the old one had plus loss and condensor.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

They system takes 1.10 lbs of freon. 1 pound is 16 oz.

If you locked up the compressor, you only needed to replace the compressor and drier.

So you now said you added 2 cans of freon. You still may have to much in the system and that is why it's not coming on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't turn the compressor any more. After I put 12oz the low side was still only 25.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Was it 25 psi with the AC operating?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
iwas going to stop on 40 it locked
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

What is the outside temperature. Cause normally the low side pressure is around 30 and high side is 150

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was 85
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

I don't know if you are using correct parts or not, and it sounds like you are over charging the system. There sounds like there is more going on with it.

If we can't speak about this, I will re-open this question to see if someone else can help you. As I am getting confused on what you are doing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well thank u. I replaced everything because they say if u open the system the drier and expansion valve should be changed and the dryer is made on the condensor.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Opening the system doesn't require those parts. If the compressor fails, then you would need to replace the drier. Not the expansion valve.

I will re-open this question. Please don't reply unless another expert replied to you.

Thanks Jay!