Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

Im freddy,left my juke's engene running and i forgot to

Customer Question

Hi im freddy,left my juke's engene running and i forgot to leave it behind as i drove of with another car, wen i got back the key was not being detected
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

hi do the remote open the doors ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does,but wen i press the start button nothing hapens
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

do the dash light up when you press the button also do the horn and head lights work ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dash does not light but the horn and the headlight is workng
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

is the security light on in the dash ?? it will look like a car with a key in it red in color let me know please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The red steady security light is on
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

if that light is on then you have a key problem you will ether need to call a lock smith or tow the car to the dealer to have them reprogram the key this is the only fix for this problem , if you have nay more questions please ask . if not please rate the service before you go thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will jump starting a juke with normal jumper cables affect its computer box?
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

it can yes , also if you connect the cables incorrectly or cause a spark you can damage circuits

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im sure i connected it correctly,wud it still caus any damage?
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

ye sit still can you should first check all the fuses but as i stated before if the key light is on solid hen starting then you have a key problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry i'm bck again! I tried 3dfrnd lock smiths but they could not program the key because the dash board is not turning on.any other pebble option?
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

the dash board do not turn on with out the key program all he had to do was turn the hazard lights on to wake up the bcm then program the bcm the other option is to tow the car to the dealer