eric
eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

My 2008 Nissian Sentra just failed inspection because the

Customer Question

My 2008 Nissian Sentra just failed inspection because the tail lights won't stay on consistently. I'd love to fix this at home but it doesn't seem to be a common problem. Thoughts?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
The symptoms point to either a worn socket where the bulb is not always making good contact, loose wiring at the socket connector, or a wire that is chafed and intermittently grounding itself against the body. You will need to remove the taillamps and inspect all of these and repair as needed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I already figured it out. The switch by the brake was worn out. Bought a new one, installed it, and my lights work like a charm now.
Expert:  eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
glad you got it and have a good weekend