Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I have a 2006 nissan pathfinder 77k miles..I have been using

Customer Question

I have a 2006 nissan pathfinder 77k miles..I have been using EBC brake pads ($218.00 for fronts ) DBA rotors ($278.00 for fronts ) the first set I cut into the rotors.. The second set one of the rotors warped.. when breaking at 50 to 60 mph the steering wheel shakes and vibrates..I am only getting 14 to 15k miles on front pads...May be nyc driving or poor quality pads... So I need new rotors and pads ...Not afraid to spend money...What do you recommend...thank you ron burke.......at***@******.***.......P S: Am I spending to much money on dba rotors and ebc pads ????
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I've changed a couple thousands sets of brakes and rotors, and in my opinion the cause of rotors warping is almost never because of the quality of the rotor. Warping is usually caused by machining too close to minimum thickness or from poor/uneven torque on the lug nuts.

I also think EBC and DBA are both overpriced and not worth the money. Wagner thermoquiet pads last much longer and will give much better performance than EBC and they are only $45-$60 per set. They have minimal brake dust and I have never seen even one set squeak. The best pads and rotors are not always the most expensive. I would even trust Centrix, specifically their EVOlution line to perform well on Nissans. The new powerstop evolotion rotors are what we put on all of our heavy equipment trucks f250-f350 utility body trucks and they have done awesome. They are cross drilled and slotted.

We also use the raybestos police grade rotors and pads on our police cars (talk about being hard on brakes....) but I'm not completely convinced that they are all that much better than the evolutions. The rotors are noticeably better quality, but the pads seem the same.