Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a 1993 Nissan 240sx with a stock ka24de. Motor has

Customer Question

I have a 1993 Nissan 240sx with a stock ka24de. Motor has been rebuilt and runs good. I get a CEL code 32. EGR was tested all parts work after replacement of EGR-BPT. A mechanic I consulted said intake manifold is a little clogged, resulted in limited flow in EGR path. Mechanic says to clean is a big 2day job. Another mechanic said to unscrew this nickel-size plug and spray with cleaner and use wirebrush.
Will this work? Does the intake have to be removed from the engine? Is there a simpler way? How much is fair price for this cleaning service? Is it easier to buy used and cleaned intake?
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nickel-sized plug in on intake manifold and seems to run front to back of intake, lining up with EGR valve.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

You do not need to remove the intake. I would remove the EGR and then remove the plugs and use Throttle Chamber cleaner and a wire brush to clean the intake and blow it out where the EGR is mounted.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!