Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, worked in auto industry for 22 years on engine, transmission and suspension design
12772297

My car starts but the pedal is not responting. The rpm are

Customer Question

My car starts but the pedal is not responting. The rpm are not increasing when pressing the petrol pedal. If before you start the engine you press the petrol pedal full and you turn the key on then the rpm goes to 5000 or 6000 rpm and it responds ok. But if you leave the pedal and the rpm falls below 4000 rpm then the petrol pedal stops responding and the rpm stays to 1000 rpm and you can not icrease them by pressing the pedal.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

you don't say what make or model this is but this sounds like the throttle isn't responding

I'd 1st try just cleaning it

remove the intake pipe and use some brake cleaner and a lint free rag to wipe the throttle clean

if that doesn't work the throttle body may have to be replaced

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the siteuntil you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.