Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, worked in auto industry for 22 years on engine, transmission and suspension design
12772297

2001 Nissan Maxima drives with 200k miles on it. When car

Customer Question

2001 Nissan Maxima drives with 200k miles on it. When car gets up to 35 to 40 mph it feels like the steering wheel is 'slipping' forcing the car to slightly veer to the left or right. What is wrong with my car?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

The first thing I'd do is take the car to a place that does 4 wheel suspension alignment, most places use the back wheels as a datum and assume that they are perfectly straight and true. Often this is not the case and many modern cars are now adjustable at the rear as well as the front.

A 4 wheel alignment measures all four wheels independently and each is set -upwithout referring to each other.

also check the tyre pressures are correct

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hi

do you still need help?