Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My daughter took her 2013 rouge in, she swears that the

Customer Question

My daughter took her 2013 rouge in for service, she swears that the odometer was 15,000 for service, when she got the vehicle back it showed 19,000/ can a person check mileage with an monitor??
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

How long was the vehicle in for service for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to put this off for a couple of hours, my daughter is out getting lunch, I will put her on with you so you get the correct information, will that work.Steve
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

That is fine Steve. Just let me know how long the car was in for service for? 1 day? 2 days a few hours and so on.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Talked to my daughter and she took it in for is oil change, rotation and check up was at the dealership about 1 1/2 hours.
Can a person have mileage check with an plug in monitor??
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

There is no way in a 1 1/2 hours that 4k miles could get tacked on. I think she just simply was unaware of the mileage on the car. Mileage can be checked using a Nissan Scanner to read odometer reading. To see if it's the same as the actual odometer. This can only be done that I know of at the dealer. Since I know our scanner can do that.

I would look at the receipt from where she had the oil change done. They normally note the mileage on the receipt when the vehicle gets checked in.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!