Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I am a 05 Altima, hard to start. I have to pump the

Customer Question

I am a 05 Altima, hard to start. I have to pump the accelerator to get it to start. after it starts, runs fine.
I have changed the cam, crank and MAF sensors. it is still difficult to start. any ideas?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. Is check engine light on or ever come on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but it is extinguished. the fault code was for #1 cylinder misfire. The car ran great after it started.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Does vehicle ever seem to idle low?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
The crankshaft position sensor and camshaft position sensor are common to fail causing hard start, more commonly the camshaft position sensor. Only other thing that would cause this is a weak fuel pump which would cause lack of fuel pressure. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.