Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

I have a 2010 Nissan Altima. I have had it sitting in the

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Nissan Altima. I have had it sitting in the driveway for a month and when I went out to move it, the key fob wouldn't open the door. I tried the manual key, and that also does not work. Any ideas about how I can get in so I can open the hood and jump start the battery?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

hi do the key turn in the door lock ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It turns fine, but there is no response and it does not unlock the car.
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

there is no other way to get in your going to have to jimmy the lock or call a lock smith , do you have a lockout kit ??

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

do you key turn both ways in the door ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a "lock out kit." I have no idea how to jimmy the lock. So, you are saying that my only option is to call a locksmith? That is sort of where I was before I requested assistance.
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

do the key move both way in the door lock ??

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

r u there ???

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't we decide that there is nothing I can do but call a locksmith?
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

i ask a question and you did not reply do the key have both ways in the door lock

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The key turns both ways. I have tried it right side up and upside down. In no case does it unlock the door.
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

ok kbow you do not want to hear this but there are only 3 way to get in the car with the remote with the key or thou the trunk if the battery is dead then you can only use the key because the trunk will not open if the key do not work then you have to brake in i use a metal hanger to go thou the space between the door and the body you can use a flat screwdriver to pry the door away from the body some i put some hood between the door and the body then go in with the hanger and pull the door lock level on the driver front door other then that you will need to call a lock smith there is no other way sorry