Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Ran over a block of on the interstate, insurance had ALL of

Customer Question

ran over a block of wood on the interstate, insurance had ALL of exhaust system replaced ($6000+) all of that is fine, but ever since it cranks fine, but longer than before, taking up to 5 seconds of cranking to start, does better when engine is warm doesn't take as long to start
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

There is a crank sensor that seats at the bottom of the trans. It is pretty much right at the bottom where it could have gotten impacted as well. I would have the harness and sensor checked to see if that is causing the extended crank time. That would make perfect sense.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!