Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My nissan maxima 2001 se, sometimes will not shift out of

Customer Question

my nissan maxima 2001 se , sometimes will not shift out of first gear.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Do you have a Service Engine Soon light on when the engine is running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
had that checked it came up p0720, i have already changed the vss sensor.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Just to be sure, where is the sensor you replaced? Also, did you check all fuses with a test light?

How handy are you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the sensor on the driver side wheel well , i did not check the fuses thow. What`s weird is that when i had my starter replaced it didnt occur for a while ,but then it started occurring recently. Im semi handy.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Can we work on this on Sunday? I have to work tomorrow and have a event after work, so I won't be online.

In the mean time, I can provided you with the complete diagnostic chapter for this code if you would like to see what you can figure out following the steps.

Let me know..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that would be great thank you, ***** ***** been trying to figure out if its the transmission.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/1.pdf