Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a 2008 Nissan Quest approaching 160,000 miles. My

Customer Question

Hi, this is Leah. I have a 2008 Nissan Quest approaching 160,000 miles. My radio quit working a couple of months ago and now the cigarette lighters do not work either - both front and back cigarette lighters. We don't smoke either.
Just wondering if their is an electrical issue. I've checked the fuses and they seem to be fine.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

I am sure you use the cig lighters to charge your phones. Correct?

Did you check fuses?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we use the cig lighters mainly to charge devices. And yes I have checked fuses.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Are you checking fuses with a test light? How are you checking fuses?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked the fuse with a test light. The radio fuse tested okay. The fuse that went to the rear cigarette lighter was okay while the one for the dash was not. So I replaced the bad one and now the left side works but the right side still doesn't. Based on this, I don't guess I have an electrical issue necessarily. I'm guessing the elements might be damaged on the front right side and rear cigarette lighters. My kids put in a converter for a wall plug which might have caused the issue. So I was wondering if you can tell me how to replace the elements or cigarette lighter. Do you have to remove the panels to get them out?As for the issue related to the radio, what else can I look for to see what the issue is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the fuse (under the hood) to the radio tested okay as well.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

For the Radio, Do you know if you have the Base, Mid or Bose type radio?

Which power socket exactly is working? Which ones are not?

Just to be clear.. all fuses were checked with a test light correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure which model it is but it has the single CD player, DVD player, auxiliary, etc. I don't see the BOSE name on it anywhere.The cig lighter in the rear (by the sliding door) does not work. There are two in the front dash (below the radio) and the left side is working and the right side is not.And yes all the fuses were tested with a test light.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Ok, so you most likely have the Mid level.

You checked all fuses inside and under the hood by the battery correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
under the hood (20A).
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Can we continue later this evening around 6 or 7 pm EST ? That is when I am normally online and I will then be online till 10 or 11 pm.

I am currently working.

Let me know if that works for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that will be fine as I am at work as well.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

let me know when you are online so we can continue

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

I have not hear from you. Do you still require help with this?