Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Years on my 1997 Pathfinder SE, the A/T oil temp, brake &

Customer Question

For 10+ years on my 1997 Pathfinder SE, the A/T oil temp, brake & battery charge have come on all at once intermittently. Previously, I've just needed to turn off the engine, remove the key fully & then restart the engine & the lights go off. Five days ago they decided to stay on for good. I've found my battery does not charge now (no surprise). Not sure what fuse(s) to check (or how) for the ones in the engine compartment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

This description you are describing sounds like your Alternator. Your Alternator would intermittently not charge and by shutting the car down and restarting it, would allow it to start to operate. Now the cars battery is drained cause the Alternator is not able to charge it. Those warning lights come on when the Alternator is not charging.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!