Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Is there a way to bypass to ignition system to get power to

Customer Question

Is there a way to bypass to ignition system to get power to the windows? I have a window stuck in the down position. The car was in a flood. Also need to get power to run a obd scan but currently can't. The interior dome and kickpanel light come on when entering the car. The car does not recognize the smart key (can't unlock, dash doesn't light up on entry. Only the flashing key)
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

well the windows can be jumped power at the motors themselves. which will require you to remove the door panel, unless you want to jumper at the switch connector with a 12v source and probes.

Powering up the OBD connector is a whole different story. If the control units don't have power then your wasting your time.

you need to find out your power issue for starters. If the car has had time to dry out, then you need to see what fusible links are blown and fuses, then fix them first.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked the fuses and all seem good. At least the ones that have power. The kick panel is missing and I am not able to find the diagram for the fuse panel. Are you suggesting giving it power at the fuse panel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The window is my first priority since the car is outside
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

I was referring to jumping power from the master switch if you didn't want to do it at the motors.

you will obviously need an auxillary power source to give it power and ground since the vehicle has no power.