Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 2010 Nissan Armada that is not blowing hot air when

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Nissan Armada that is not blowing hot air when the heat is set on 90. The A/C is blowing cold air and is working fine. Both hoses on each side of the control valve located on the firewall are the same temperature and not hot to the touch.
Submitted: 1 year ago via ChiltonDIY.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

The heater valve coolant flow comes straight off the right cylinder head. There is nothing that would really prevent the engine side of the hose from warming, so i am thinking its probably warm if the engine is warm.

Now if the engine temp is not warming up normally, then your thermostat may be failed open causing it to never heat up.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

I would say MANUALLY open the valve by hand after taking the cover off, but the 2010 has a revised water cut valve that works alot like a pintle or electric thermostat. so its not that easy.

you could temporarily bypass it all together though if you wanted to try that. You would just need a union.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The engine temp gauge reads approximately half way. The radiator cap reads 145, the driver side hose reads 117 and the passenger side reads 103
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

if the engine temp gauge reads normal then the thermostat is closing and opening normally. thats all i needed.

if it is, then the 103 degree coolant or hotter should be reaching the water cut valve and the hose should feel the same on both sides if its working.

if the thermostat and heater valve are working and you STILL have no heat. Then the air mix door is not operating. Either because of the air mix actuator or the in cabin temp sensor itself.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

if you need anyhting else let me know, if not be sure to leave a kind rating please.