Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a 2010 Nissan Titan 5.6 SE. My Truck goes into drive,

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Nissan Titan 5.6 SE. My Truck goes into drive, park, and neutral but when I shift into reverse it doesn't move. Even when I apply gas the truck won't go into reverse. What could be the problem?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

How many miles do you have on your truck?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A little over 63,000
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

darn.. Based on the information you are giving me, it sounds like the reverse clutch inside the transmission has failed which is why it won't get into reverse. Your powertrain warranty is 5 years or 60k miles, so you just are out of warranty.

I would take it to the dealer, and while at the dealer, contact Nissan at 1-800-Nissan-1 if the dealer won't help you cause your warranty is out. See if Nissan can offer some sort of assistance to help you with the cost of repair. The transmission will need to be removed and opened up to determine the amount of damage. It may require a complete rebuilt. The dealer would simply put a new transmission in. If you go anywhere else, like a trans shop, they may rebuild it.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!