Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

My daughter just bought a 2008 Nissan 2.5 with 199,000 miles

Customer Question

Hey Roy. My daughter just bought a 2008 Nissan 2.5 with 199,000 miles on it. Minutes ago just blocks from our home we pulled away from a light. The engine bucked and then started missing and then no acceleration (service engine soon light came on). We pulled into a parking lot and the engine would always be at idle (not rough anymore). It would not respond to the accelerator either in gear or in neutral. We drifted into a parking spot and turned the engine off. Restarted the engine and it ran fine for 3 blocks then pretty much the same problem. With the car towed back to our space the engine starts but won't go into any gear.
So here I am looking around to see what I can learn.
Thanks so much - My name is***** and we are in Ypsilanti Michigan (adjacent to Ann Arbor).
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

there are a few thing that can cause this gas pedal sensor ,throttle position sensor, bad cvt unit and the list go on but the first thing you do is get the car scan for code do that then let me know what the code are and we can go from there .should

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
hi . i really need you to come back and rate the service as this is the only way i can get pay for helping you i have answered your questions and i still did not get pay because you did not rate me . even thou your cord will be bill i will not get pay till you rate so please come back and rate thanks.
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
hi , i see you have log off and did not rate the service i really need you to come back and rate as this is the only way for me to get pay thanks.