Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a couple issues with my 2007 nissan titan first my

Customer Question

i have a couple issues with my 2007 nissan titan first my reverse lights on the truck do not turn on when the truck is put into reverse i know its not the bulbs because they are new second when i hook up and trailer either with a flat four electrical hook up or 7 way plug both turn signals wont work and brake lights wont come on although trailer brakes themselves work as well as driving lights
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

hey there, first off I would check the fuses in the IPDM to make sure they are not blown. The IPDM is on the passengers side by the firewall. Once you remove the cover there is a tab on each side of the IPDM board you squeeze and can slide it up and out.

Secondly, keep in mind that if you did not have a hitch from factory the tow relays may not all be installed. There are 4 relays, tow 1, tow 2, trailer turn RH, trailer turn LH.

CLICK ME FOR THE WIRING DIAGRAM

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked the fuses the only one that was broken was the 15 amp TTow Turn fuse so i replaced that hopefully takes care of my trailer issues. Second the reverse lamp fuse was still intact and looked good...also i have check previous owners maintenance slips and the hitch was installed by Nissan....My major issue here is the reverse lamps not coming on which is keeping me from having the truck inspected
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

The reverse lamps have a fuse and a relay in the fuse box under the hood by the battery.

Chances are the fuse or relay has failed.

sometimes in rare cases it could be the harness at the passengers side inner fender well area that gets damaged, but that's pretty uncommon.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
harness is fine fuses are good but i need locations of the relays the research i have done said one inside the vehicle by the steering column found that the other is the rev lamp relay on the transmission itself idk where to find these because they are clearly not in the fuse box
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

The relay should be in the relay box by the battery under the hood.

If i recall its the bottom relay on the left row.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
If you need anything else let me know, if you need an email of the relay location I can do that as well.
It is at the dash/console area. i had some free time so i looked it up.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
I notice you viewed my response but have yet to reply or leave a rating.
Please remember to do so, thanks.