Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a 2001 Altima that only starts if it's sprayed

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2001 Altima that only starts if it's sprayed
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a 2001 nissan altima 2.4l that starts only if sprayed with starting fluid.It has fuel pressure and spark but appears to not have injector pulse according to my noid light. My scanner shows rpm and injector operation when cranking.The security light blinks only when the key is off.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

When you turn the key to the ON position, is the Security light on solid?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your response Jay,but I have found the problem and repaired the vehicle at this time.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome..