Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

2006 pathfinder code u1000 can communication no start where

Customer Question

2006 pathfinder code u1000 can communication no start where do i start
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

When you have a U1000 code, that means a Major control unit has either failed, or is not communicating properly. A advanced level scanner is used to perform what they call CAN diagnostics. This does a communication test will all control units so you can see which control unit is not communicating so it can be diagnosed.

Are you a shop?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am a shop
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Can you perform a CAN system call to see what control unit's it's able to communicate with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have a new scanner max me from matco tools it is suppose to be able to do that i will run it and see
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

ok.. Let me know..