Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Have 2006 titan 4x4 non locking 3.357 ration rear axle

Customer Question

hey - have 2006 titan 4x4 non locking 3.357 ration rear axle that's going. trucks got 120k don't wanna put new one in . are rebuilts available or price just as crazy. im in nj 07063.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Are you looking to replace the rear diff? Do you know if you have the Electronic Locking Rear Diff or not?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi- yes electronic. wld like a rebuilt. my fear replace w used one is same thing happening again.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

What happened to the diff you have? It blew up? Do you have a lift on the truck or over sized tires?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the pinions started to leak and gears wore down.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Ok.. Since you have the Electronic, there is no other gear Ratio. So if you were to lets say get a used one, it would be the same gear ratio. Only the non-electric has two different gear ratio's.

Does that answer your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do u think is best route: my truck has 120k on it. don't wanna dump 4k or so into it to get new rearend. priced a used one one for 1400. why aren't there any rebuilts on these. wld u know any one in nj area that does rebuilds ?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

I don't know why they don't rebuild them. It could be that some parts are not available. They do that with the transmission. Some parts are not available for the transmissions so they can't be rebuilt.

As for where in NJ you can look for a used one, I use

http://used-auto-parts.net/

I enter the year, model and so on to find salvage yards in my area for parts.

These rears I don't see go bad at all really. So I would go with a used one, not new..

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!