Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a Nissan Tittan 4WD 2013. This morning the key would

Customer Question

I have a Nissan Tittan 4WD 2013. This morning the key would not turn at all in the ignition. Interior lights work, and the flashing key warning light is "flashing" when the key in the ignition. Steering column wasn't locked initially but when I was trying to "wiggle" it to get the key to turn it locked.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

With the mechanical key, you want to slowly apply force and turn the steering wheel to the right while trying to turn the key. If it doesn't work turning the wheel slowly with force to the right, then try to the left.

Let me know how you make out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've just chatted with the dealer. I'm having it towed. Thanks for your assistance
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Ok.. The steering lock is a mechanical operation. Since it's a 13, if you do have a problem with the ignition switch, it would be covered under warranty as long as you have less than 36k miles on the truck

Good luck and feel free to return and let me know how you make out.

Thanks Jay!