Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

My 2001 frontier just dies at idle once in a while. Change

Customer Question

my 2001 frontier just dies at idle once in a while. Change fuel filter, new plugs, new air filter, new idle switch. Car set to idle at 850/900 rpm and still dies periodically.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

hi this problem is most likely cause by a bad distributor this is a very common problem for this truck and i have always fix it with replacing the distributor unit let me know if you have any more question if not please rate my service before you go as this is the only way for me to get par thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. Your guess of a bad distributor was a very bad guess. The problem turned out to be a dirty MAS FLOW SENSOR. and you as an expert mechanic should have mentioned that FIRST. I do not think you deserve the pay for the advice you gave me. Mark.