Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

2005 Nissan Titan will not shift out of 5th gear. Turn off

Customer Question

2005 Nissan Titan will not shift out of 5th gear. Turn off engine, start back up and it is fine.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Hey, are you getting any codes at all? Cam sensor code or crank sensor code? or anything of that nature?

does it happen only when the transmission is warmed up? or is it completely random?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pulled codes 1757, 1759, and PO744. No cam sensor codes or crank sensor codes. It happens all the time. Transmission does not have to be warmed up. Started about two weeks ago. No advance warning. Over the course of the past two weeks the transmission downshifted properly one time.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

P1757 & P1759 are probably the 2 most common codes I see on these transmissions and the frontier transmissions.

When i see them 9 out 10 times its one of two things.

Either there has been cross contamination from the radiator/transmission and there will be a pink froth at the radiator cap.

or

The control valve in the transmission has failed and is causing the brake solenoids to fault.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean the front brake pressure control valve?
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

the front brake solenoid valve

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

What happens next:
Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.
My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.
Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.