Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

Stranded in a parking lot... according to Google it is a

Customer Question

Stranded in a parking lot... according to Google it is a steering lock failure... Please is there anything I can do to start it to drive it to dealership versus towing? I cannot afford a tow and 1k repair. HELP
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will answer your question the best I can if I have helped please remember to leave a positive rating
If the steering lock control has failed there is no way to get the car to start with out it. There is hope though the steering lock on the 09 Altima,s had a recall on them so if it is one of those Nissan will pick up the bill for the tow and repair, you should give the dealer a call even if its not part of the recall it still may be under warranty sometimes control units like that have an 8 year 80000 mile warranty, I don't think it will cost 1k either I believe the controller is around $400 and labor shouldn't be more than 1 and a half hours