Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, worked in auto industry for 22 years on engine, transmission and suspension design
12772297

Jay, I have a 1993 Nissan pickup 4x4 with a 2.4 s-ka24e

Customer Question

hi Jay, I have a 1993 Nissan pickup 4x4 with a 2.4 s-ka24e motor. my exhaust is fine. no catt. but the truck just lacks power. I can barely take off up hill because it just bogs down. the timing is dead on and ive got new plugs and wires but there also seems to be a small miss besides that it idles smoothly
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

this sounds like a lack of fuel and could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.

If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,

Ideally measure the pressure at the injectors and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i replaced the fuel filter earlier no change. I will do what you suggested in the morning. if all of that is fine what else would you suggest
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

OK

if the fuel supply is fine then I'd next suggest doing a compression test across all cylinders to ensure that all are within 10-15 psi of each other

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hi
do you still need help?