Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My 04 Titan just started "cutting out" under gher

Customer Question

My 04 Titan just started "cutting out" under higher acceleration. I looked down and saw the "slip" and "vdc off" light lit. When I accelerate quickly the truck cuts out. Any ideas??- jason
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Do you have a Service Engine Soon light on also?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a code of 0102 from a code reader.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We cleaned mass air sensor and filter, no luck.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you have a Code for the MAF sensor, it will need to be replaced if cleaning the MAF sensor did not help.

When it comes to the MAF sensor, do not replace it with one from your local auto parts store. They are considered After Market. After Market electrical parts never work right. Especially one's that are major signals. After Market Maf sensors never meter air properly. If you do get one that meters air, it normally flat lines 02 sensors, which then have you replacing parts you don't need.

Always stick to the dealer when it comes to electrical parts.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would MAS malfunction cause lurching at higher rpms? How does the VCS light and slip light factor in?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it could. As for the VDC and Slip, I would need to see what codes they have. Maybe a Engine speed signal code due to the lurching.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only the one code we can find.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If your using a code reading, It can't scan the ABS system. The VDC system is part of the ABS system.