Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder. I can not get any

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder. I can not get any communication fro the OB2 port. The engine started running rough missing on cylinder 1 and 2 so I had the ECM reconditioned. I also replace the two sensor that were recommended by the ECM, throttle position and one other located on the throttle body. Now the engine will not crank and I still have no communication at the OB2 port.
My next step is to read the pins to see if I have power at the port.
Also do you have to re-program the chip in the key if you change the ECM.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Did you check all fuses with a test light to make sure all fuse are good first? Do you have a volt meter as well to see if you have all 3 power sources at the OBD2 connector?