Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

My car has seat while and now that it is going again the

Customer Question

My car has seat for a while and now that it is going again the brake light and tail lights stay on all the time we have to undo the battery everytime we get out so it doesn't run the battery dead what can we do?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will answer your question the best I can if I have helped please remember to leave a positive rating
It sounds like a switch is stuck in the on position, I'm thinking the brake light switch could be the culprit, are you sure the tail lights are also staying on? if they are on then the running lights and the illumination lights in the dash should be on as well. I would try unplugging the brake light switch on the brake pedal arm first to make sure the brake lights go out, it is possible that if a brake/tail light is shorted then you would get a feed back that would make the tail lights stay on with the brake light switch. try unplugging the brake switch and let me know, also there are two brake switches one is for the cruise control and the other is for the brake lights