Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

Can you tow a Nissan nv cargo van ( roof) behind amotor home

Customer Question

can you tow a Nissan nv cargo van (hi roof) behind amotor home on the ground, without a carrier?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will answer your question the best I can if I have helped please remember to leave a positive rating
The best way to tow one with all wheels on the ground is to have a coupler made for the drive line that disengages the drive line from the rear differential, that way the transmission isn't being turned at all while the car is being towed. I have seen the systems installed on Titans with two wheel drive, I'm not sure where the customers had the work done I believe a drive line specialist shop or and rv truck shop, I saw one on and Armada as well