Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I replaced the heater assembly in my wife's 2008 Nissan

Customer Question

I replaced the heater assembly in my wife's 2008 Nissan quest. It seems to be working now. I had to take out the entire front dash it. I put it back in, but now the car won't start the engine turns, but won't start. It sat for about three weeks while I waited for parts. Also the radio and information center isn't working, but I can deal with that later.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Well the radio and information center might be a clue as to why it's not starting.

Have you checked your fuses and connections? its nit uncommon to pinch a harness and blow a fuse on a dash removal?

if all checks out, do you know if your missing spark or fuel? have you checked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked the fuses. But I haven't checked spark or fuel. I have worked on older cars, but I'm not sure what to do on this one.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

not much has changed in the aspect of checking for spark and fuel.

Simply try some starter fluid and see if it fires. if not pull a coil out and set it to a ground and crank the engine to see if it sparks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried starter fluid in the air intake, but same results. I look under the hood and don't see anything I recognize, coil, distributor spark plug wires. I don't see any of that. .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just pulled a plug. It needs to be replaced.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Well to access the coils you have to remove the plastic cover first.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

are the plugs wet? smell like fuel? just noticed you said you pulled a plug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No fuel is getting to the plugs. I don't hear the fuel pump engaging when I turn the key to on. No fuel pressure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuse looks fine, but I replaced it any way.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

the fuel pump is not going to prime everytime you turn the key. Just the initial prime.

If it was a fuel issue then starting fluid would have worked.