Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Frontier: my Nissan frontier 4x4 3.3 liter will run ruff with

Customer Question

my Nissan frontier 4x4 3.3 liter will run ruff with ac on and with ac off. I have change dist cap and rotor button. Put new spark plugs and wires on and a new fuel filter and a kn air filter. Could it be the throttle control sensor or idle control valve?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! What brand Spark Plugs did you install?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nkg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You their
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
That is good. Yes I am here.. Did it run ruff before all the work you did to the truck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it did
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Well 1 thing I can tell you is that K&N air filters don't work in these vehicles. So I would get the correct type of air filter and start there. The reason it doesn't is cause it causes a air vortex which makes it hard for the MAF sensor to meter the air and fuel trim. So it will run lean. I would also re-check your spark plug wires. Make sure you have them in the right order. Is this a after market distributor cap?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to check on dist cap I just change the air filter out and remove kn . Will drive it up town see how it does
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did better with the kn filter out. Still has some cutting back with ac on. You think I should change out throttle control sensor
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
The K&N Air filters don't work on these trucks. So I am glad that part worked out. Everyone things if the truck runs bad that the throttle sensor should be changed. I don't know why people think that. It never goes bad on these trucks. Can you recheck to see if you have the wire on good for cylinder number 6? That is that one tough one on the drivers side. Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Trucks still has seem problem. Had to starting guild to crank it. Second time I had to do this. Still cutting back some but worst with ac on.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Not sure I understand? Had to starting guild to crank it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Etheir spray
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
What? Your loosing me. Please explain with a little more detail please...