Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years - master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

Maxima: got a p0325 code knock sensor noticed rpm drop during

Customer Question

got a p0325 code knock sensor noticed rpm drop during ide and sluggish pick up on acceloration. is this the knock sensors doing?1997 nissan maxima
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
Although there might be other problems (as for now i have no way of knowing), but the knock sensor would change the ignition angle, which would definitely cause idle drop and sluggish pick up.
The first thing you need t odo is check the sensor's wiring connectors, and if these are good, replace the sensor, clear the codes, and then while at it, i would clean the throttle body, and check the vehicle.
Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
Regards,
Billy