Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Pathfinder: This morning my 2007 Pathfinder jolted, then the

Customer Question

This morning my 2007 Pathfinder jolted, then the check engine light came on. It was slow to move from a stop but ran okay afterwards. I drove straight to repair shop and left the car. Now they can't get it to start. Any suggestions?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Did any other lights come on other that the service engine light? like the ABS light or anything of that nature? If not then it's highly likely that it's just a cam sensor failure. Have the shop check for spark while cranking, if there is no spark have them scope the cam sensors to see which one is not working properly. We see these sensors quite often and usually without warning like this.