Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Q45: 02 infinity q45 power windows, locks and seats not working.

Customer Question

02 infinity q45 power windows, locks and seats not working. Bad bcm? where is it located?
unable to communicate with the bcm with my modis scanner.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! The BCM does control the Power windows and Power door locks. It does play a factor into Power Seats as well. If you can't communicate with it, then it's very possible it's bad. This control unit if bad, when it's replaced it has to be configured as well as all the keys for the car have to be reprogrammed. As for it's location, it is in the drivers kick panel. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/1a.jpg That link is a image of the Bcm's location. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. any power/ground checks?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Well I can give you the wiring diagram for the power windows and power locks. If you don't have power coming out of the BCM, then you know the issue is the BCM. Do you want wiring diagrams?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for the bcm would help.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Well of course, the wiring diagrams include the Bcm. So let me get you those diagrams. Hang on..
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Pages%20from%20bl.pdf That is the wiring diagrams for the Power windows and Power Locks. I would use these two diagrams and see if both are related to the BCM. If so, no need to look any further in to the seats. You need a BCM. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!