Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Rogue: RPM Gage drops and the engine wants to stall and then

Customer Question

RPM Gage drops and the engine wants to stall and then the RPM gage jumps back to normal. Happens when I am at a stop light
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
One of the most common reasons for stalling and idle issue is a dirty MAF sensor and throttle body. Have those been cleaned, of not can you do that and report back on the results? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Chris is certainly right that these issues can arise from a MAF or throttle that's dirty. Keep in mind though that these throttles are electric and extremely sensitive to cleaning practices. We unplug and remove the entire throttle assembly before cleaning so they are not damaged. Another thing to keep in ind is that if this happens only when the engine is hot and the a/c is on like when your at a drive thru, then it could very well just need the idle air volume relearning done. i see this alot on the altima and rogue which share the same engine. it will stumble when the engine is hot and the a/c compressor kicks in. The it recovers fairly quickly. other than that, seems like you recieved some good advice.