George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master 15+ years
13574682

Altima: I have a 1998 Nissan Altima. The wire from the compressor

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Nissan Altima. The wire from the compressor is cut and I can't find where it was cut from. From one of your wiring diagrams it appears to go to the thermal protector but I don't know where that is located. The was bought used and I can see a repair was done before on this wire. can you help?
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you have a picture of where the wire goes that would help. I have reason to believe the wire was cut short or is missing a piece making it impossible to determine where I need to connect it to.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, Click here That shows the location for connector E40 which is in section C-2 That is the compressor and as you can see it joins several other wires and runs up to the relay box to the AC clutch relay. Let me know if that helps Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
George. I am unable to access the link to see the connector E40 in section C-2. There is no hyper-link there to click on. Can you resend it with the link imbedded? From a wiring diagram I viewed it seems the wire go to the thermal protector, I don't know where that is located on my car.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Sure, any time, just post back to this thread and I am notified of your post. The thermal protector is screwed into the side of the compressor, It has a wire to the compressor clutch and one up the harness. Sorry, looks like the link didn't take Click here Let me know if that works for you Thank you Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a single wire going from the compressor clutch and that is the one that is cut. It is tied off at one of the compressor lines using electrical zip ties, obviously to keep it out of the way. I don't see any other wires coming from the compressor. This is the wire that had a previous patch repair done. I will have to take a closer look in the daylight tomorrow now that I have a better idea of what I'm looking for. I did get the link to the diagram you sent me this time. Thanks!
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Click here That shows the thermal protector Let me know how I can help Thank you