Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

Xterra: My 2003 nissan xterra is in great shape. The maintenance

Customer Question

My 2003 nissan xterra is in great shape. The maintenance is on point including oil changes and tire rotation. I know my air conditioner works because i checked its engagement and checking the air deflector sensor under the dash wich is good as well as seeing and hearing it come on when i put the air conditioning on. Its just im not getting any cold air. I even used the pro air thing from Autozone and still nothing. The fans are blowing, am i doing something wrong?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will answer your question the best I can if I have helped please remember to leave a positive rating
I'm assuming that you don't have any gages to check the low and high side pressures in the a/c system, still what you can do is when the engine is running and the a/c compressor is engaged is try feeling the pipes for the a/c the larger pipes are the low side and they should get very cold if the system is working right and the smaller pipes for the high side will get warm and even hot where you can't touch them, if the pipes are cold and hot like I've described then the system is working and has enough freon in it. Also if the large pipes are cold then the evaporator inside the car should be cold as well then its a matter of the air mix/blend door inside the heater/ac box that is not switching to cold when you turn the knob on the dash.