Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Pathfinder: 2005 nissan path finder Le was fine 2 days ago.

Customer Question

2005 nissan path finder Le was fine 2 days ago. Got in it this morning it started fine will not accelerate, transmission in drive would not move. Finally got it going but slow on acceleration almost like transmission was slipping. Same issue at stop sign . Went about 4 miles down instate high rps transmission in lower top speed about 45. Drove back home smoke coming from tranny it appears. Checked fluid fine. Oil is fine. Engine idles rouge even in park slow to pickup rpm. service engine soon light on vdc off light on . removed power from battery 15 minutes reconnected . Service engine light off vdc on rough stumbling may not make it 2000 rpm in park or neutral and very slow accelerator response. Recent fillup at gas station Gas cap on good. ran fine day after fillup stayed parked two days . checked all fuses good. Transmission fluid looks clean not discolored. Read online this is common problem but dont know where to start
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
hi did you check for codes this is the first thing to do you can get the car scan at auto zone for free let me know what the codes are
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cant make it there , there car has zero power in gear now it will has virtually no power in reverse. fwd or reverse pedal to the floor rpm stays at idle. rough stumbling may or may not increase rpm in park. Some time may stumble up to 3000 rpm but mostly stays just around 2000 in park . in gear you may as well push it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
vehicle is at home now check engine light came on again so I may be able to pull codes if I can get a reader.
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
ok get the code and get back to me please