Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Sentra: 2001 Nissan Sentra won't start pulled the computer

Customer Question

2001 Nissan Sentra won't start pulled the computer out and put back in then is does start but the car has no power. Can you tell me what the root issue is causing this problem?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! Do you know if you have any codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
problem someone else has car - I don't know this answer -I just texted person to see If I can get the answer for you.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting for a reply
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
No problem.. Let me know when you get the answer. I need to know if there are any codes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
person that was driving the car had a mechanic look at it and they replaced the items I mentioned, all I know so far is many different codes came up and that's when they decided that for them it wasn't worth interesting any more money or time in the car. Car has severe hail damage so it doesn't look great but it only has about 130,000 miles on it. My son has always wondered if it has some sort of wiring problem, mice maybe??
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Well, I would need to know the present codes to determine a direction of repair. With out the codes, it's like rolling the dice.. Take your time getting me the codes. I am online all day and all evening.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so if I end this chat now how do I get a hold of you again?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
No need to end this. We can keep this open till you get me the information. To return back simply log back into JustAnswer.com and go to My Questions. You will find this question there. Your user name and password ***** have been emailed to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All i can see if Order ID and acct #
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
check spam as well. You should have received a Email
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was the reply I got from the person that has been working/driving the car.
The check engine light has come on 3 different times in the last two months with different codes each time. Lots of codes. Previous ones were for different sensors, but the most recent one is PO443 for the evaporative emission system.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
JAY, FYI - I will have to shut this down at 2:45pm and I will be unable to log back in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jay, Just reply to my email address - I can get your answer from there.thanks Deborah
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delays. The P0443 is a Evap code. That won't cause the no start issue. When would you be by the car to do a few checks?