Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Rogue: Good Evening, I have a 2012 Nissian Rouge and I have

Customer Question

Good Evening, I have a 2012 Nissian Rouge and I have about 57000 miles on it. I have been hearing lately a squealing noise after I press the gas pedal on the car. It seems that it does this after I stop and start in like for example after stop for a light then I speed up on a green light then I here this squealing noise which seems it is under the vehicle. What could this be?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Does it sound like it's coming from the front or rear
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Or in the center?
Does the squeal happen for the first few seconds accelerating or is it like an intermittent squeal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The squealing noise seems to happen during the first few seconds of accelerating and it seems like its more front center of the vehicle. The accelerator pedal also seems a little tighter then normal.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** are a couple things that can cause a squeak in that area when accelerating. The drive belt and the transmission are the main things that come to mind. if its more to the front then it's likely to be the drive belt or one of the pulleys at fault, if it was down at your feet and sounded more like a whining type of squeal then our concern would go to the transmission.