Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

Sentra: I am replacing the fuel tank in a 1995 nisson sentra

Customer Question

I am replacing the fuel tank in a 1995 nisson sentra The original fuel pump is good but the new fuel tank has a metal reservoir and a bracket that does not allow for the original pump housing and assembly to fit, How cab I use the original pump in the new tank?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the replacement tank is the correct tank then the original pump should fit without any modification unless the tank has been upgraded and require a redesigned pump. I would check with the supplier to make sure its the correct tank and if so find out if it also requires a redesigned pump.