Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

M35x: have a 07 M35X--2 months ago out of the blue the headlights

Customer Question

have a 07 M35X--2 months ago out of the blue the headlights came on while in the auto position. car would not start. AAA could not jump it. could not get it out of Park. car picked up on flatbed and taken to independent garage. taken off the truck..car started.
Then nothing-- solution was to put a new battery in. car fine until yesterday. went out
started car to close windows with a storm coming in.car started & closed windows. went out 2 hours later and it would not start. battery indicator flickering on dash . 2-3 hours later noticed the the headlights were on again with it being in "auto"position . a slight clicking noise when you try to start.
cannot get it out of park Why would the lights come on while in auto position and drain the battery ? The mechanics i took it to on the 1st time could not tell me why it happend but the new battery took care of the issue until yesterday Now it seems that the new battery is totally "drained" again
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
hi
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
this problem is cause by a bad ipdmer unit this is the power distribution unit you will need to replace this unit and charge the battery to fix the problem
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
let me know if you have any other questions
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
if you have no more question please rate the service before you go as this is the only way for me to get credit thanks