Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

Pathfinder: My 2004 Nissan Pathfinder was jump started after

Customer Question

My 2004 Nissan Pathfinder was jump started after sitting for a long time. The air conditioner was immediately turned on and the truck ran fine for about 7 miles before it lost power and wanted to die. I then noticed all if the dash lights jumping and flickering before I shut it off. It wouldn't start again so he turned the hazard lights on and called for a tow truck. The tow truck driver said the battery was so dead he couldnt shift it out of park to tow it so he popped a clip from a small hole to the left of the gear shift. A new battery has been installed and it runs fine but the dash lights remain on. Why?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
hi what light are on now ??
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
r u there ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I am here. The battery light is definitely on
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
ok if the battery and brake light is on then you have a charging system problem most likely ether the alternator belt is broken or the alternator is bad you will need to get the alternator and charging tested and the alternator replace just to let you know do not drive the car too far because the new battery will die and you will be stuck
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
if yo have any more questions please ask .
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
if you have no more questions please rate the service before you go as this is the only way for me to get credit thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the brake light, the battery light and the auto transmission oil temp lights are on
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
this is cause by and charging system problem you will need to fix that first to start it may be the only problem
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
he alternator
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
r u there
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
if you have no more questions please rate the service before you go as this is the only way for me to get credit and pay thanks.