Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Nissan Frontier: , I have a 1999 Nissan Frontier v6 4x4

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 1999 Nissan Frontier v6 4x4 engine. I had a leak so I took it into Nissan and they replaced the valve cover gaskets. This did stop the leak however when I drove it the next day it had a slight ticking noise upon acceleration and it started to overheat. So I replaced my radiator, the cap, the thermostat, the EGR valve, pcv valve, spark plugs and wires, rotor and distributor cap And fuel filter. Thought this could fix the problem but went on the freeway and still small ticking upon acceleration and then when I put it in 5th gear, I lost significant amounts of power and the temp gauge started to rise, so I drove in 4th gear and I gained my power back. I'm really baffled as to what is going on? Can you please help?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
It almost sounds like the ignition timing is out of specs causing it to run lean or rich which can cause both a noise and reduced power. Has that been checked? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris